BLYTH SHORT COURSE 2018 – SATURDAY 21ST APRIL
Blyth Lifeguard and Swimming Club would like to invite you to take part in the Short Course Competition.
- Registration is at 11.30am
- Warm-up from 12.30-13.00.
- Team manager brief at 12.00noon
- Events will start at 13.00
Over the last few years we have had some great competitions and this year we have relooked at the Rookie age group events and to try to bring their events in line with other lifesaving competitions.
SLSGB and Surf Wales have developed a new manikin that is designed as a development within the younger athletes. This is a move that has not been taken lightly by the governing bodies but they have recognised the potential problems of the young children have carrying the ILS manikins, in terms of the neck width, height and size of the manikin.
We have purchased 6 manikins and will use these for the 9 &under and 11&unders.
Individual Age Groups: The age group in which any person competes is age on the day.
Masters: Masters will be 30-49 years and 50+, both male and females.
Team Events: All swimmers may swim in their own age group or can swim up to make a relay team.
In the Nipper age groups we have designed the relays to resemble the relays as part of progression through ILS competitions. If clubs do not have enough Nippers to make a relay team, we will mix the extra nippers from the teams to make a team so they all get to swim in a relay (flipper relay & the pair’s events).
- 9 & under: are all in 1 age group and we have added a pairs event, please note we will accept mixed pairs but they must compete in the male category. Relays will be swum as mixed only.
- 11 & under: Teams may be mixed and only 1 category. If you have any individual nippers we will offer the opportunity to make up teams in their own age group.
- 12-14 years: – Nippers can swim up into this age group, providing the young nippers can carry the orange ILS Manikin.
- 15-17 and Open relays: may be swum together pending the number of teams submitted. If you need to swim mixed relays this is allowed must will be swum in the Male category.
- Masters: relays may be mixed and only 1 category.
Closing Date and submission of entries
The closing date for entries is Sunday 8th April 2018. All entries must be submitted electronically. Any late entries will be subject to space in individual heats, this is for both individual and team events. Once the entries have been checked, the organisers will confirm by email.
The entry fees for the 9&unders and 11&unders is £20.00 per athlete.
This includes the individual, pairs and teams events.
The entry fees for the 12-14, 15-17, Open and Master age groups are as follows:
£20.00 per athlete for all the individual events
£16.00 per team (this includes all 3 relays)